Thanet Creative: Writers
This page will be expanded to detail the many ways Thanet Creative supports Thanet’s writers.
Events for Thanet’s writers
We run a number of different events for writers in Thanet. These are usually announced and promoted in the Thanet Creative Facebook groups.
- Writers that want to be published.
- For a full list of events check out our events list in the project archives.
Thanet Creative – Writers’ communities
- On Facebook, we are found in the Thanet Creative: Writers group.
- On Author Buzz, we are found in Thanet Creative: Writers.
Thanet’s writers and writers’ groups posts
- Writing a sense of place according to the Internet
- Writers of Thanet
- Why you should (not) write for us
- Why we need to write fewer white male protagonists
- What do you mean “show; don’t tell”?
- What do we mean by “Thanet’s writers”?
- Using items as story prompts
At this week’s Writers’ Tea and Chat, Karen brought along a collection of items for us to use as prompts for creating a story.
I’m still mulling over the best way to turn my item
- The Thanet Canute cybersquats
The Thanet Canute is a person (or group of people) that seem to have a problem with variety. This is the story of The Thanet Canute and the cybersquatting.
- The scene and scene-sequel
- The Business of Writing
This post is about the business of writing because writing is a business. I’m going to do my best to look at the numbers of publishing.
Author Buzz UK talked about the shocking truth